Building Voices Competition Giveaway!
Free Public Speaking & Communications Coaching Giveaway – Valued at $5,000 per person!
Why learn how to speak publicly and communicate effectively?
Learning the art of good communication and public speaking can enrich your personal and professional life. For many people, standing up in public and giving a speech is one of their greatest fears, yet it is something that we do daily without even realising it, such as answering a question in front of a class or delivering an ‘elevator’ pitch.
Public speaking skills are a crucial component of leadership. Since skilful leaders can drive and produce change, they will need to communicate effectively and clearly what they would like others to do. Therefore, one of the essential skills for leaders is to develop public speaking skills, and this often begins during our school years. Public speaking is leadership and organisations promote people with leadership qualities.
When speaking in a manner that’s commands the audience’s attention, drawing them in, you are emotionally connecting with each listener. You are effectively communicating in a way that can and does have an enormous effect on people’s lives. One of the best ways to get society to make changes is having the ability to move others to action. If you can master that skill, even when interacting one-on-one, you will be already enhancing one of the primary qualities of leadership.
There are many benefits to learning how to present in public: the speaker gains confidence, fluency, and assistance in pronunciation. The ability to write well, speak effectively in public, and to think critically are some of the most valuable skills all individuals need in today’s world. The objectives of ‘Building Voices Public Speaking’ are to encourage individuals to overcome the difficulties involved with presenting in public and explore some techniques for making their speeches as impressive as possible.
At the end of the coaching program, you will have learned many necessary skills associated with public speaking. In doing this, you will gain confidence in your ability to communicate clearly and with purpose and will feel a sense of achievement in presenting to your peers.
Free Public Speaking & Communications Coaching Giveaway – Valued at $5,000 per person!
We are looking for two adults for free public speaking and communications coaching sessions once a week, commencing Saturday, 1 February 2020 until Saturday, 25 April 2020, possibly extending for a further four weeks.
Short-listed candidates would need to be willing to be filmed and photographed for teaching and promotional purposes, including a 5-10min Facetime/Skype call and must reside in Melbourne, Australia, since these will be face-to-face coaching sessions.
We have successfully coached senior management, lawyers, teachers, nurses, business owners, and government employees in improving presentation techniques.
To enter tell us in 25-words or less why you would love to win this amazing coaching package!
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Giveaway closes Friday, 27 December 2019! GOOD LUCK!
Click here to complete the Competition Entry Form
Please ensure you read the terms & conditions below before entering the competition.
Weekly Public Speaking and Communications coaching for between 1-2 hours, during which time, you will:
1. Learn how to draw your listeners in within seconds of speaking.
2. Overcome the fear of public speaking and develop confidence and self-esteem.
3. Learning breathing techniques that will help you overcome any anxiety you may have about public speaking.
4. Develop critical listening and thinking skills when communicating.
5. Learn to think on your feet, by understanding how to organise your thoughts to clearly and concisely deliver unexpected presentations or answer questions.
6. Fine-tune verbal and non-verbal skills by:
(a) Understanding how your body language, eye contact, gestures, and facial expressions affect your voice and are interpreted in speaking.
(b) Learning how to adjust your vocal variety by working with your tone, volume, speaking speed, and pronunciation as you speak.
(c) Learning how to use a well-placed pause to add power and impact to your presentation.
7. Learning how to influence the world around you through persuasive communication techniques.
8. Build self-awareness and leadership skills.
9. Speak with greater fluency, clarity, and expression by communicating with confidence and purpose.
10. Acquire practical performance skills, essential to every aspect of life.
11. Learn structured public speaking skills.
TERMS & CONDITIONS (Skill Based Competition)
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to residents aged 18 and over residing in Melbourne, Australia except for employees and immediate families of the Promotor. The promotor is Building Voices Public Speaking, 15 Cochranes Road, Moorabbin, VIC 3189 (ABN: 94 117 001 679).
- Entrants may enter only once. One prize will be awarded to each successful candidate.
How to enter
- To enter simply tell us in 25-words or less why you would love to win this amazing coaching package!
- Entries must include all requested contact details and a 25-words or less submission to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promotor prior to the competition close date.
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted for a 5-10min Facetime/Skype call.
When to enter
- The competition commences on Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 9:00am, closes on Friday, 27 December at midnight (Melbourne time). The winners will be the best valid entries as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity, and originality on Monday, 30 December 2019 at 10:00am. The winner will be announced on social media pages on Monday, 6 January 2020 by 5:00pm.
- The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the entrants chosen as the winners cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or cannot commit to the coaching outlined above in the prize.
Prize on offer
- 2 x Public Speaking and Communication Coaching Packages valued at $5,000 each. Coaching is over a 3-month period commencing Saturday, 1 February 2020 through to Saturday, 25 April 2020 (possibly extending for a further four weeks though not guaranteed but the prize winner would need to make themselves available).
Further Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other goods and services.
- Travel to and from the coaching venue and meal costs will be at the expense of the prize winner and no claim will be made of the Promotor.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole, and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision relating any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The prize winner accepts that they are responsible for the effort put into their learning during the coaching process and will not hold the Promoter liable.
- The prize winner agrees not to share, copy, scan, or forward any intellectual property (IP) in any way, shape or form whatsoever that they might be given during the training by the Promotor.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and Liability:
- All entries and any copyright subsiding in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Giveaway, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed.
- The winners agree to grant the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or
(f) use of a prize.